Friday, November 4, 2011

All about a pair of jeans

My hunt for perfect pair of jeans is a story that could fill 1000 pages. Since I was 22 ( yes i started wearing jeans that late. During my times in south India jeans were considered too modern and modest girls wouldnt wear it.. Whew! That is one story that could fill pages LOL) my searching for a good pair of jeans started. My sister had bought me a pair from the United states. Those were loose. Later after almost 7 years those became the most figure flattering jeans I owned. Apart from that pair I never remember any jeans I ever purchased to be up to my full satisfaction.I would walk home with a pair and will find it either loose or too tight. In India returns were not accepted in most of the cases. I would end up giving away my jeans at some point. During this time straight cut, boot cuts and flare jeans were in. I have never seen skinnies in India.

 After I came to US, when I was 29 with one pair of good fitting jeans I tried every well known brand to Wal Mart jeans. NONE of them were good. My body shape is unique I am very short with heavy thighs but skinny knees. Any pair that fitted well on my upper part were baggie on my knees and down. If knees were fine it would be too tight on the hips. If everything was fine it was loose on the waist where I had to wear a belt only to have bulges in between. It was a mess. Now that I have given birth the problem has multiplied with my being short, I have heavy thighs, skinny knees AND a stubborn bulging pregnancy pooch that need to be taken care of.

Today I went to the mall to return some stuff. I had purchased 2 tops in one of the shops called deb. I returned the tops only to find they only do store credits. I saw 14.99 jeans section. I tried the one that said short. I was almost certain it was going to be one of those ill fitting jeans where only the height would be perfect the rest would be disaster. But in the dressing room to my surprise... TADA I had the perfect skinny jeans EVER. It felt great and comfortable to be in a pair that partially hid my pooch slimmed my thighs, hugged my knees and I was jumping for joy.

Just as a single comment or frown from someone can spoil your day, a good fitting pair of jeans can brighten one. Good luck my dear fellow jeans hunters.....

Xoxo
Srividya

2 comments: