Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Diwali to all

Today is Diwali a colorful festival for Indians. My husband and I were talking about all our childhood Diwali memories. My husband sure had a lot of memories about how he helped his mother with the elaborate cooking and how much he enjoyed the day bursting crackers. All fond memories of Diwali for me were the ones that I celebrated with my sister. When she got married and moved out Diwalis were just another day for me. I have never enjoyed the sound of crackers. So I do not miss crackers at all. With age my tolerance to loud meaningless blasts have only decreased. To think of having Daksha getting scared of those sounds makes it less appealing. What I actually miss is the excitement of wearing a new dress, new pair of shoes that my mom would buy. The sweets that mom made were to die for. The company of my sister made Diwali a wonderful experience. Now that Daksha is with me Diwali has become a day when I dress her up, make sweets ( even though she still cannot eat those I look forward to days of making her fav sweets in future) and make home a wonderful and joyous place for my family. Happy Diwali to all


No comments:

Post a Comment