Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thomaston train ride

This weekend we took our baby girl to connecticut's scenic train ride. These trains are 1920s train refurbished and fixed for the ride. Loved it. It took me back to all train rides we made as children to our cousin's place.My sister and I used to stay awake all night during train rides. We used to spot a lonely house with a light bulb every now and then. We were so excited that we were never able to close our eyes! I loved train rides. Even now I do. The hustle bustle of train stations in India with all the announcements, the coffee and magazine vendors OMG I miss them all. Most of all I miss being a child, being excited to stay awake during nightly train rides, asking mom whether our destination had come with every stop that the train made. The excitement of packing stuff to travel, excitement of wearing new clothes on Diwali I miss it all. Thanks to God I have my little one with whom I can be a child once more get excited for nothing and everything once again. I look forward to many train rides with my darling....

SV

1 comment:

  1. you made me rewind my memories too

    Cheers
    Deepika <3
    http://allaboutbeaudee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete